Working with Hire Resources means having the peace of mind that our team is working for you to ensure quality and compliance with all federal and state laws regarding employment screening.
Privacy issues are key in the employment screening industry as regulatory bodies issue rulings and legislation designed to protect consumers' rights.
The FCRA is the most significant regulation guiding employment screening. As a courtesy to our clients and visitors, Hire Resources provides an overview of the FCRA to address the requirements related to the employment background checking process.
This synopsis is provided strictly as guidance and is not intended as legal advice or as a sole educational tool for the employer's staff. Please consult your legal counsel for specific guidance. Employers retain the responsibility to understand the FCRA and educate their staff involved in the screening process. For a full copy of the FCRA and other useful information, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Website
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Titles I and V
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 501 and 505
- Notice to Furnishers of Information: Obligations of Furnishers under the FCRA" ("Furnisher Notice")